STATION STAFFING & SAFETY ARRANGEMENTS, POST-IMPLEMENTATION OF FIT FOR THE FUTURE – LONDON UNDERGROUND (LUL/14/5)
Further to my previous Circular (IR/22/17, 18th January 2017), our RMT Station Reps recently attended a meeting with the National Executive Committee, Lead Officer and negotiating team at RMT Head Office to discuss this dispute and report feedback received from members. Having considered the views from this meeting, the National Executive Committee has taken the decision to call further strike action and instruct ALL LUL STATION & REVENUE members NOT TO BOOK ON for any shifts that commence between:-
- 18:00 hours on Sunday 5th February 2017 and 09:59 hours on Monday 6th February 2017
- 10:00 hours on Tuesday 7th February 2017 and 00:59 hours on Wednesday 8th February 2017
NB: To comply with legal advice the industrial action short of a strike consisting of the overtime and rest day working ban, non-familiarisation and non-rostering of overtime, is suspended for the duration of the strikes but will commence again immediately after each strike ends and continuously from 01:00 hours on Wednesday 8th February 2017.
Further strike dates to be taken in March will be announced once they are determined and agreed. I will of course keep Branches advised of all further developments.
PAY PARITY, TRANSPLANT ENGINEER TRAIN DRIVERS – TUBE LINES AP JNP (LUL/10/2)
Further to my previous Circular (IR/317/16, 26th October 2016), working party discussions over a draft proposed ETO Re-Grading Initiative continued up until last week when talks unfortunately collapsed at the final hurdle. Despite the best efforts of our negotiating team, management seem intent on multi-skilling the ETO Grade rather than accepting any alternative solutions proposed by RMT which would still meet needs of the business without undermining any other grades.
The National Executive Committee has considered a report from the Lead Officer and taken the decision to call on members to take strike action by NOT BOOKING ON FOR ANY SHIFTS that commence between:-
- 05:59 hours on Friday 3rd February until 05:59 hours on Sunday 5th February 2017
- 05:59 hours on Friday 10th March until 05:59 hours on Sunday 12th March 2017
Members are also instructed to take ACTION SHORT OF A STRIKE between:-
- 06:00 hours on Sunday 5th February and 05:50 hours on Friday 10th March 2017
- 06:00 hours on Sunday 12th March 2017 until further notice.
This action consists of:-
- Taking meal breaks as per existing agreements and law
- Not exceeding maximum driving times
- Not volunteering for additional B2F Trains
- Not working overtime through extending shifts
- Not training non-driving or Assist Grades to drive
- Not driving trains, except on lines, depots and sidings unless you have a full working knowledge of the area concerned, understand the meaning of all signals and are competent and appropriately licensed
I am also making the necessary preparations to ballot our Operational Managers with an ETO License as management has failed to give the guarantee that these members will also be included in the pay parity agreement. I will keep Branches advised of al further developments.
BREAKDOWN IN INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS – LONDON UNDERGROUND (FLEET GRADES) (LUL/14/2)
Further to my previous Circular (IR/22/17, 18th January 2017), London Underground has been advised of the dispute situation due to breaches of agreements by Fleet management. I can now advise that the ballot papers will be posted to members on Tuesday 7th February and the closing date for this ballot is Tuesday 21st February 2017. If any Fleet Grades member does not receive their ballot paper, please ask them to call the Freephone helpline number on 0800 376 3706.
I will keep Branches advised of all further developments.