RMT to ballot London Underground fleet staff for action over breakdown in industrial relations
RAIL UNION RMT confirmed today that it will be balloting its London Underground fleet staff members for strike action and action short of a strike over a breakdown in industrial relations and numerous breaches of agreed machineries and agreements by LUL management including:
• Not consulting or negotiating with RMT over reduced staffing levels within Fleet.
• Breaching our agreement on Night Tube and failing to recruit adequate additional staff to cover this work.
• Actively attacking RMT Reps for carrying out their trade union duties.
• Not following the correct process when seeking to change rosters.
• Removing a long and established practice of ‘phone in days’ throughout Fleet without agreement.