Blacklist Support Group – Vote for a public inquiry into blacklisting and workers rights
- The Labour Manifesto pledges to hold a full public inquiry into blacklisting whereas Theresa May has repeatedly refused to set up a public inquiry when she was Home Secretary. The polls indicate that the General Election is now a 2 horse race between Labour and the Tories, therefore the Blacklist Support Group is encouraging its supporters to vote for a public inquiry on June 9th and where possible to volunteer in the campaign.
BSG set up a video shoot with other rank & file union activists outside parliament and the Conservative Party HQ last week.
This is the outcome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTMdi8hLEeE
Share this video to support the campaign. The pop-up gig by Steve White & The protest family on the steps on Tory Party Central office has also started a Guerrilla Gig Challenge amongst musicians – if you know any band that has performed a political slot in the street or outside a hustings, post a video on social media using the hashtag #GE2017GuerrillaGigChallenge
While at the gig outside Tory Party Central Office, the Reel News photographer Guy Smallman managed to take photos of Steve Back leaving the Tory HQ, the photojournalist whose pictures have been used to smear Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell.
- Our giant Corbyn banner has become a ‘thing’ in the campaign – after it appeared on the Kop and at Goodison, working class voters are flocking to be associated with the campaigns on it – Blacklisting – Hillsborough – Orgeave – Shrewsbury (plus Corbyn & McDonnell). Videos & photos are appearing all over social media The iconic image is now available as a t-shirt with all proceeds going to food banks across Merseyside – great work by Roy Bentham who have been on Radio Merseyside and the Liverpool Echo.
Associated media coverage:
- The fascist English Defence League were chased out of Liverpool at the weekend by over 1000 scousers and the Blacklist Support Group banner was proud to be in the middle of it. Photo attached.
- Shrewsbury Pickets Protest – 12 noon Wed 7th June
Criminal cases Review Commission
5 St Philip’s Place
This is because of the CCRC reluctance to give a decision on whether of the not the case of the Shrewsbury Pickets is to go to the court of appeal. Campaigners have been told time and time again that a decision is imminent. The case of the Shrewsbury Pickets is 45 yrs old. There can be no place in our society for miscarriages of justice to go unchallenged.
New judge to take over at the undercover police inquiry due to the ill-health of Lord justice Pitchford.
Scottish police were seconded to work in the disgraced NPOIU undercover policing unit – little wonder campaigners complain about the police investigating themselves again – Full public inquiry needed in Scotland.
- Solidarity videos form the heroic Reel News
LSE cleaners – fighting for equal rights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJ2RXYLK2c
NHS protests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbHEd2O6bQ
‘Liar Liar’ by Captain Ska – the song banned by the BBC has become the soundtrack to the general election and is number 4 in the charts – enjoy:
Blacklist Support Group