RMT suspends LUL action

August 24, 2015

RMT suspends this week’s action and puts on September strike dates as talks over Night Tube make significant progress

 

TUBE UNION RMT said this afternoon that the strike dates on London Underground this week have been suspended, with new dates announced in September, as talks over pay, jobs and Night Tube have made significant progress at ACAS.

The union has made it clear to London Underground that the union remains in dispute and further strike action will be taken on the 8th and 10th September. RMT has also made it clear that the union will take further industrial action if there are moves to run test trains or if there is any attempt to impose Night Tube operations.‎

RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:

“Our negotiators have been able to make enough significant progress in talks at ACAS over pay, jobs and Night Tube to allow us to suspend this week’s strike dates. We have still not reached a final agreement and as a result we are putting on additional strike action on next month. In the meantime, the talks process will continue.

“I want to pay tribute to the union members who have remained united and rock solid throughout this dispute. It is their determination which forced LU to begin talking seriously and which has enabled us to make the progress that we have so far.

“Our dispute is not with the working class of London and RMT is not opposed to Night Tube providing it is introduced properly with safe and robust staffing arrangements which recognise the substantial extra pressures that this expansion will inevitably create.”

 

Leave a Reply

LU Engineering

FREE
VIEW