The LUEngineering Branch has asked the General Grades Committee to accept the below resolution.
Emergency Resolution: Section 15 Possessions
“This branch notes that LUL are imposing new possession arrangements under Section 15 of the Rule Book. This branch believes that they are dangerous and that people are liable to be killed. Below is a list of issues associated with this imposition:
- Consultation with H&S reps and in particular Track and Signals has not finished.
- There are no banners to define possession limits.
- There is no protection in place to protect the possession.
- There is potential for confusion regarding Engineering or traffic hours working as section 15 blurs the lines.
- There have been eIRFs raised by other trial sites.
- There is no formal staff training on section 15 possessions.
- There are no management briefings prior to the section 15 possession trail.
- There is genuine potential for confusion regarding train movements in the worksite/ within possession limits.
- There is confusion on 5 minute call back time compared to existing practice and may cause people to rush giving up protection to avoid train delays.
- Working Risk Assessment is historical and not generic to the new working practices.
- Potential confusion between TAC and Controller.
- Success criteria in the DRACCT has not been meet, so trial is already unsuccessful.
We ask the General Grades Committee to Ballot all members that access the track on LUL and Tube Lines for strike action and action short of strike, unless full discussions have taken place with our Health and Safety Reps on both companies and they are satisfied it is safe.
We cannot allow a cost cutting agenda to place the lives and safety of our members in danger.”
Our members are truly worried by this development and we demand one thing, that our members can work safely. So we call on LUL to listen to us. This is not safe