I have requested that formal meetings start properly. The aim of the talks is with a view to reaching agreement regarding:
- Ending the threat to operational jobs and compulsory redundancy
- Looking at Operational needs without amendment to rosters and the massive impact associated with this
- Formalising the ‘roster’ agreement to facilitate the above talks
- Working together to review your management structures to ascertain how they can be reorganised to give the management cover you start within existing headcount
- Work together to examine efficiency savings and better working practices. With mutual benefit
I have also notified Thales that for clarity that following discussions with our members that they reject compulsory redundancies and the loss of operational jobs to create more managers.
We therefore wish to start meaningful discussions and end the perception of this being railroaded in.
To that end I have also requested that the formal one to one discussion are halted.