The following Pay offer was sent over by Tube Lines today. We have requested release of the reps to discuss this on the 23rd February
Issued to: JNP Pay and Night Tube
APJNP Pay and Night Tube
Following discussions with the Trades unions on Friday 5 February 2016, I would like to update you on the offer made with regards to Pay and Night Tube :-
This in summary includes:-
- From 1 April 2015 – An increase of 1% plus a £500 consolidated flat rate increase to recognise our transformation to a 24-hour passenger service operation – Night Tube
- From 1 April 2016 – RPI or 1% (whichever is greater)
- From 1 April 2017 – RPI or 1% (whichever is greater)
- From 1 April 2018 – RPI + 0.25% or 1%, (whichever is greater)
- £500 non-consolidated launch payment to all operational employees for the successful launch of Night Tube
- Full implementation of the Sunday to Thursday rosters to support Night Tube Operations
- A full review of all the Transplant operations working arrangements to support with the long term commitment to improving work-life balance
- A review of all the APJNP operations working arrangements to support with the long term commitment to improving work-life balance
RATES OF PAY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE 2015
In the context of this proposal, the following offer is made on Pay 2015:
- A 4 year deal covering 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2019
1 April 2015
- An average increase on Basic Salary of 2% from 1 April 2015 comprising as follows:
- 1%1 plus, a flat rate of £500 consolidated increase for all grades in recognition of our transformation to a 24-hour passenger service operation
- This is an above inflation increase for 2015/16.
- 1 April 2016
- RPI2 or 1%, whichever is the greater.
- 1 April 2017
- RPI3 or 1%, whichever is the greater.
- 1 April 2018
- RPI4 plus 0.25%, or 1% whichever is the greater
Payment of Basic Salary, to all eligible staff, backdated to 1 April 2015, will be paid through the first available Payroll following acceptance of this Offer.
Night Tube Launch Payment
The Night Tube service will initially be launched on the Piccadilly, Jubilee and Northern Lines. In recognition of this LUL undertakes to make a:
- £500 non-consolidated payment to all operational staff upon the successful launch of Night Tube.
- Putting in place A Sunday to Thursday roster patterns to support the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly all running Night Tube.
- A post implementation review will be conducted of all functional-level arrangements by each relevant Council including consideration of staffing levels
The Night Tube payment will be paid through the first available Payroll following the successful launch of the service. The successful launch of Night Tube is defined as the service operating as planned for customers, with all rosters and changes to working arrangements in place to ensure sustained, continued operation.
Tubelines/APJNP and the TUs commit to a set of post agreement joint initiatives to give a more choice to staff to enhance their work life balance.
In principle Tubelines/APJNP has no objection to staff across in the operation working a compressed working week, or indeed any working pattern, as long as it is safe and mutually beneficial. Any change to working arrangements should be safe and mutually beneficial, for example delivering better work-life balance and more choice for staff, as well as business improvements.
More options to improve personal career development e.g.
- Pursuing opportunities to create a reciprocal agreement with LU, LOROL and TfL Rail for staff to move to other similar roles within the TfL group.
- Working with staff to identify new opportunities to improve personal development within APJNP/LU.
The Tubelines Pensions discussions to be reconvened following the acceptance of the Pay and Night tube pay award and successful launch of the Night tube operation
We are now awaiting feedback from the Unions with regards to this offer.
Head of Operations APJNP